Thursday, February 11, 2010

Is it alright to roll-on a clear coat?

I am painting my drum shells- and I just finished the 4th and last coat of blue which I applied with a foam roller/brushes. I am wondering if I can apply the clear coat (water based polycrylic gloss) with a roller also? I read that a roller can make polycrylic ';bubble,'; and I need to know if that is true or not.Is it alright to roll-on a clear coat?
it may cause bubble no matter how slow or fast you apply it. my suggestion is any paint store sells a small paint sprayer that you can put your clear coat in and you spray it like a paint can. it will give you a better finish good luckIs it alright to roll-on a clear coat?
A roller will probably cause bubbles. Use a fine natural bristle brush (a large artist's brush is good) or use a sprayer. Practice on another glossy first until you get the technique right.


Good luck, sounds like they will look great.
  • internet explorer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment