Thursday, February 11, 2010

About covering my windows with the clear nice rolls, to keep from freezing?

My home was built in 1946. Original windows remain. It feels like I am standing in front of an open window. I did cover a few. Rooms were recently painted and hundreds of staples were removed. I hate to really mess it up that bad.I tried a few tacks but the wind comes on in. Any other ideas I can try? Worked real well when I stapled away.About covering my windows with the clear nice rolls, to keep from freezing?
chances are your original windows are not caulked very well around the frame of the window. if so, get some ';great stuff';- it's an aerosol spray foam and spray it into the cracks between the window frame and the wall,both inside and out.the cans of foam come with a tube that connects to the spray nozzle but it wont allow you to spray it into small crevices because of it's diameter,so take a drinking straw and tape it onto the spray nozzle.then squeeze the other end of the straw so it will fit into the really small cracksAbout covering my windows with the clear nice rolls, to keep from freezing?
Also try heavy lined drapes on top.
They make one with double sided tape. No staples. I use it every year. Got it at Walmart.
  • internet explorer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment