Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can anyone clear up the ,mystery, is hand rolling tobacco any healthier than pre-packed cigarettes?

It is meant to be better because it doesn't have the chemicals added to it. It is the chemicals that cause the addiction.Can anyone clear up the ,mystery, is hand rolling tobacco any healthier than pre-packed cigarettes?
I would say that rolling baccy is LESS BAD, as opposed to healthier!

Report Abuse


Can anyone clear up the ,mystery, is hand rolling tobacco any healthier than pre-packed cigarettes?
They'll both kill you either way, it's just that one's cheaper.
Not a Whit, though I know many who claim it is!


I am a non-smoker, and although I have no say in what other people chose to imbibe, they have no right to inflict it on me, so when I am exposed to theories such as ; 'it's okay because I rolled it myself', the terms f@ck and off come together in my mind!
i am a smoker too.





hand-rolled cigarettes are bad because they don't have filters.


filters are good because they keep the biggest particles from entering the lungs.





however, you shouldn't smoke ultra lights or even lights because you tend to suck harder on the cigarette to try to get the nicotine- this causes you to inhale more deeply and as a result, you might as well be smoking hand rolled tobacco.





my advice, smoke the regulars. (i like marlboro menthol 100s myself, though i know menthol is not good for you at all because you are inhaling fiberglass- but i love the taste WAY better than non-methol cigarettes. if you like both, stick to non-menthol if you can.)





read the additional details to your question. and i think you may be on to something. (now i'm thinking about trying to grow my own!)
Pre-packed cigarettes have harmful chemicals in them and rolling baccie doesn't... Both are still bad for you but i smoke rollies myself... I smoke less because i can't be arsed to roll them sometimes :)
';tailor-made'; cigs, as we used to call them when I was younger, have a number of chemicals added to keep them burning in the most adverse conditions, e.g. Saltpetre:


Experiment:


Light a Marlboro and a roll-up at the same time - put them in an ash-tray and go watch Star Trek for an hour. When you come pack you'll have nearly a whole roll-up plus a pile of ash where the Marlboro used to be.


Even though I'm a forty-a-day person, I KNOW that smoking is a pretty daft idea, but I just wish the bloody government would stop telling me (and charging me taxes for telling me, too).


They lied about Iraq, they lied about the EU and they probably lied about that brazillian guy who got gunned down a while back. If they just kept their mouths shut, maybe more of us would figure out how to give the habit up all on our own.


Educate us, fair enough, but don't preach at us.
I hand roll with filters, horrid without, Easier to give up smoking and maybe less chemicals in the tobacco. I cannot smoke a pre-packed ciggie they taste %26amp; smell nasty.
both are bad although i think the kind you roll yourself is the lesser of two evils as they say. the pre-packed kind are bad because of the glue they use. my father-in-law always rolled his own and he never seems to use too much tobacco, most of it went in the floor, ha ha.
Nothing mysterious about it. Although a manufactured cigarette contains more chemicals than a hand-rolled, that doesn't stop the hundreds of deadly chemicals from the tobacco entering your body. Both will kill you.
it is supposedly better because it's grown naturally without the use of chemicals -- but some brands of tobacco are better than others, of course -- best off growing your own
Depends on the tobacco you use...they are not all additive free! Actually most aren't.
i dont think so cos fags have got filters to filter out the chemicals i think??? xx
No.
Only financially


Hand rolled work out cheaper than tailor made.
Both are bad for you. If you are so concerned about your health, why don't you try t quit smoking. That would be the healthiest option for you.
noooo........ all that kinda **** are plain lies they don't care about you they just want money they are gettin piad$$$ big money to tell lies 2 u sooo don't smoke
Healthier is not the word I would use, but hand rolling tobacco is less harmful that pre-packed. Either will seriously do you mischief over the years, hand rolls might take a bit longer.
Neither one is healthy,but i would prefer hand-rolling tobacco.


It doesn't matter which you smoke,they all have some kind of chemicals in them.
NO, absolutely not, if any thing I would say worse, one thing is for sure they will wreck your health, as they did to me, it does not matter if they are prepacked or roll ups they have just as much chemicals and ADDITIVES, and the light crap does not work either as there is a product in then to help you longs open up more so you get more TASTE,
cigarettes, are bad for your health, give them up! :)
smoking is just really really bad for your health youshould think about stopping
Its like asking if Chivas Regal whisky is better than cider or Bourbon or is being brain dead or having cardiac arrest any better tahn other, Both are deadly I'm afraid, refrain from smoking either with filter or no filter, or hand rolled versus commercial or smoking through mouth or anus. result is same,

No comments:

Post a Comment